12.30.2010











Third Sentence Thursday is a weekly meme for treating third sentences with the diginity they deserve!
Hosted by Sniffly Kitty. Read her. Love her.
This week's theme is review the sentence from your current read.

1) Take the book you are reading now and post the third sentence
2) Review this sentence anyway you want (funny and silly reviews encouraged)
3) Post a link to your sentence here or if you don't have a blog, just post it in the comments!
4) Prepare for next week's theme: Weirdest Third Sentence!





"You would like me to do what?" Thomas issued the question in a soft voice and an even calmer tone, but the sound cracked the air like the report of a rifle.~ A Taste of Desire by Beverly Kendall


Yes, I am still reading this book. I don't know if it is because it is just so stinking good that I am postponing the ending, or if it is because I am crazy lazy, or because I am reading 3 books at once. Whatever the case is, this is a great book. That being said, this is a great third sentence. I believe this is the only time through the whole book that Thomas' voice is calm and soft. You can here the undertone of his voice, "Say WHAT?!?!" If he was a small African American boy on an 80's sitcom, he may have asked, "Whatchu talking 'bout, Willis?" I like that on the first page, you learn what the whole plot of the book is about. 


Happy New Year everyone! Hope you go out with a bang and start 2011 the way you want to. 

1 comment:

  1. a calm voice sounding like a rifle shot! whoa! love this one and i'm intrigued. sounds like a dangerous guy to me. thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog too! c",)

    ReplyDelete